How to choose pigments for functional masterbatch
Color masterbatch is just a general term. It is also divided into many types of functional products, each with different functions, so the requirements for pigments are also different. Today we will take a look at different types of functional masterbatches. Choose paint:
(1) The pigments used in heat-resistant products are basically required to withstand the temperature during the production of polypropylene fibers and maintain their performance stability. The temperature resistance is generally required to be above 270~280℃.
(2) The pigment for dispersible masterbatch should have good dispersibility and be evenly dispersed in the product, and the dispersant used should not reduce the quality of polypropylene fiber. Otherwise, it is impossible to produce high-quality dope-colored fibers, and the operation is also unstable, and it is easy to break or produce abnormal fibers when the fibers are drawn.
(3) There are many applications for the coloring of lustrous polypropylene stock solution. Among them, it is used for bed cover base fabrics and knitted fabrics, which require bright colors. Because organic pigments are brighter and brighter, and easy to color, organic pigments should be used for the above purposes.
(4) Light resistance. Some pigments have photosensitivity under the action of light, which can make colored fibers fade and brittle. The light resistance of pigments is basically related to their chemical structure, so pay attention to the light resistance of pigments when making masterbatches. When light-fast pigments need to be used, you can consider adding ultraviolet absorbers.
(5) The pigments used in stability products must have excellent stability against the black masterbatch polypropylene fiber. It means that the pigment will not react with the fiber when the colored fiber polymer is exposed to heat, light or high temperature for a long time, and new chemical groups are formed to make the polymer performance low.
The right pigment of the masterbatch can be selected to ensure the effect of the finished product. If the wrong pigment is selected, various problems may occur during the production process, resulting in a large difference between the produced product and the expected, so the gain is not worth the loss. .